Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: I need HELP with AG girl's sizing please

  1. #1
    Inactive Member marisol05's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2005
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, so I'm all ready. AGT 26 is in my shopping bag and I want to get the free shipping. I decided one of the things I'll order is the Star PJs for my dd since we have the doll set already and she's been dying for anythingto match her dollies. I'm not sure of AG's sizing though. Do they run small, large, or true-to size? My dd is very slender. She currently wears a 7Slim or 8Slim. Thank you! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ams37's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2006
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's my best shot-my daughter is very tall. She's an 8 1/2 in pants (when we can find that size). She has the coconuts in small they fit her perfectly now but next year they will be too small.

    We recently got the paisley pjs in medium. A little too big now, but she said she doesn't mind because she will have them longer to match her dolls.

    I personally think the pjs run more to the larger side as I'm 5'9 and 160 lbs (generally a ladies size 10) and have a pair of the coconut pjs in x-large and they fit great. Can't remember the last time I could wear
    girl's clothing.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member marisol05's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2005
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is the medium too large in the waist for her? This is my concern when pants are involved. Thanks!

    And oh yeah, I cannot tell you when's the last time I fit in girl's clothing either! I may have to look into a pair for myself. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member samo22's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2006
    Posts
    115
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would get a medium. They'll be a little big probably, but I think your DD will probably be thankful when she can wear them longer.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My DD is 11 years old, weighs about 72 pounds and currently wears a size 12 in jeans. The medium Coconut and Nellie PJs are still quite big on her. I would say the PJs really do run on the large size except for the Molly ones. I would order a small for your DD. My DD has the same slim build as your DD. The waist would probably be quite big on the medium for her. When the waist is big, that makes the pants longer because the waist slips lower.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Hquads4's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2006
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok, my DD is 7 1/2 and in a 7 Slim. Her dance pants are 7/8. She also wears some 8 slim. Just depends on the brand. My daughter is also long torsod. When we were at AGPC in August I had her try on the Red STar pajamas to see how they fit. The small were big on her. We cuffed the pants up and the top up. And the cufs were the width of the cuff that is already at the bottom of the sleeve & hem. So that was at least 2" I think. I took pictures and if you would like to see one PM me. If I were to order them I would get a Small. I think that they would easily last 2 years for her. Even my husband agreed when I showed him the picture.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member marisol05's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2005
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Hquads4:
    Ok, my DD is 7 1/2 and in a 7 Slim. Her dance pants are 7/8. She also wears some 8 slim. Just depends on the brand. My daughter is also long torsod. When we were at AGPC in August I had her try on the Red STar pajamas to see how they fit. The small were big on her. We cuffed the pants up and the top up. And the cufs were the width of the cuff that is already at the bottom of the sleeve & hem. So that was at least 2" I think. I took pictures and if you would like to see one PM me. If I were to order them I would get a Small. I think that they would easily last 2 years for her. Even my husband agreed when I showed him the picture.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yup, this definitely sounds like my dd who just turned 7 in July. Her body frame basically stays the same as her extremities get longer! I think I'll go with the small.

    Thank you everyone with your replies/suggestions.
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member mom4four's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2003
    Posts
    86
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My DD is 7 also and very slim (and tiny) she wears a 6 slim, and the small was way to big for her - she wears them anyway though! I got her emily's for Christmas because they came in a XS6. I found that the PJs are really big in the waist and that kits were really long

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •